The Hardware Storesā€¯ DIY Retail Chain 2 Freehold Stores - Brechin and Montrose---Europe/Brechin & Montrose, Scotland
- Price: $800,000
- Gross Income: $1,171,908
- Cash Flow: $0
- FFE: $0
- Inventory: $0
- Real Estate Value: $0
- Source Data:
About the Business
- Listing ID: #AI043
- Year Established: 0
- Financing: The business is being offered for sale on a going concern basis, all financial discussions will take place directly between the vendor and all interested parties under the auspices of Turner Butler.
- Training: The current owner would be happy to provide full training and support at handover. This should be a relatively simple transistion as the busines has excellent staff and systems in place.
- Facilities: The business operates from 2 prime retail sites in the town. Both sites are freehold with a combined freehold value circa £360,000. The Montrose property is set over two floors, extending to circa 2000 square feet. The Brechin property is a detached unit set over two floors, extending to circa 5200 square feet. Both properties benefit from full CCTV systems, along with computerised EPOS till system.
- Competition:The business does limited self-promotion and marketing, preferring to rely on repeat business and referrals to generate sales. However it does have catalogues/promotional material supplied by its supplies as well as its own newsletter and limited social media presence. There is huge scope to increase its exposure should a new owner so require not least with the introduction of a website.
- Growth: The market for workwear is growing. It is becoming more and more important for companies and their staff to portray the correct corporate image. This market is also supported through legislation in the way of health and safety and this presents ongoing opportunities to the business in the short, medium and long term, such is its wide and varied client base.
The Hardware Stores” DIY Retail Chain 2 Freehold Stores - Brechin and Montrose Ref. AI043 Location : Brechin & Montrose, Scotland Asking Price : £800,000 Inc. Net Assets The Hardware Stores supply goods and services to the trade and DIY customers, selling household, electrical, decorating, gardening products, tools, fixings, fuel, engraving (https://www.ferburnengraving.co.uk) and key cutting. The business is part of a large buying group, giving it all the benefits of a large multinational, and allowing it to offer a wide range of products at competitive prices to its customers. Currently it offers well in excess of 20,000 product lines from all the market leading companies. The Hardware Stores has over 250 active trade customers as well as a large loyal retail following from the general public who support local businesses in both towns. The current owners, a husband and wife team, are selling due to their wish to retire. However there is an excellent team of staff in place that will ensure a smooth and seamless transition of ownership. Staff include managers and assistant managers who run the business on a day to day basis, so much so that the vendors only work part time in the business, and this is through choice. The business has enjoyed impressive sales and profitability over the years and is being presented as an excellent opportunity for a prospective buyer to capitalise on their hard work and grow the business further. It has a strong asset base (including the two freehold sites) and generates excellent returns. With combined annual turnover consistently in excess of £900,000 that generates typical EBITDA of circa £200,000 p.a. (pre director drawings) and a net asset position of circa £590,000 this is a very successful and profitable business with a sterling reputation.
Business Listed By
Andrew Hudson Ickenham House, 2-4 High Road, Middlesex, UB10 8LJ , ---Europe, Ickenham
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web : https://www.turnerbutler.co.uk
- Phone : 01895 25 6000
- Company : Turner Butler
- Listings : 101